Senior Coastal Engineer - ( 210000CD )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec Consulting Services Inc. seeks a driven Coastal Solutions Team Lead/Regional Director to join our rapidly growing Coastal Solutions Practice. The successful candidate will be a leader and a mentor with a minimum of 10 years of coastal experience. The preferred location is the greater Boston, MA area. Other office locations, as well as flexible office schedules, will be considered for the right driven candidate. The Coastal Solutions Practice leads and supports a wide variety of coastal work across the globe. Candidates are expected to lead our coastal services growth in the region and be an expert in the following areas:
- Natural Hazards and Coastal Risk
- Coastal Hydrodynamics and Morphology
- Coastal Zone Management, Environmental Restoration, and Enhancement
- Climate Change, Resilience Planning, and Sea Level Rise Impacts
Your Key Responsibilities
- Demonstrated high level of understanding coastal zone management, resilience planning, and related fields.
- Provides a high-level project management and leadership overseeing on-going projects throughout U.S. and potentially Canada.
- Leads business development opportunities and drives program growth in the region.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects located in coastal environments.
- Provide team leadership at a program and project level and working with other staff to complete projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the coastal work in coastal/estuarine/marine related projects.
- Works closely with the National Program Director to increase marketing and growth in the New England and Atlantic regions.
- Prepares cost and project estimates, and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final documents/reports.
- Preparation of proposals and marketing efforts.
- Oversees and mentors' personnel involved in coastal investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other coastal professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Communicates effectively and applies with a high level of understanding the coastal zone management practices.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Master of Science degree in Science or Engineering with 10 years of experience with the subject matter focus on one of the areas of expertise listed above. OR
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science or Engineering with 15 years of experience in one of the areas of expertise listed above.
- Your Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to conduct effective client and agency presentations and written report preparation.
- Current registration as Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Science Professional.
- ACOPNE Certification - Diplomat in Coastal Port, Ocean and/or Navigation Engineering.
- Demonstrated project experience through professional publications and presentations.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the Coastal Zone Management market and future trends to assist in expanding the Coastal Practice.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental, Water Resources or Mechanical Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 10 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job : Environmental Engineer
Organization : BC-1956 Environmental Services-US Northeast
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 16, 2021, 10:40:34 AM
Req ID: 210000CD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans