Senior Civil Engineer/Manager - Community Development
Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Stantec's Orlando office is looking for a motivated Senior Civil Engineer / Manager with strong general civil engineering and land development experience to come join our dynamic team!
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Orlando office for a motivated senior civil engineer who will be responsible for further developing and growing the business. The purpose of this position is to lead the expansion of the Orlando office to become a local leader in providing exceptional land development and general civil engineering for public and private projects throughout the Orlando/Central Florida markets.
Your Duties: The ideal candidate will come with a background of supporting or leading the civil/site engineering aspects for a variety of major projects. He/she will have been exposed to the entire project delivery process, including marketing/business development, client interaction and project management. The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplined team, organize and manage/support a project, and the professionalism and skill to communicate effectively internally and externally with clients and teaming partners.
The role will include serving as the primary contact for our external clients and has overall responsibility for all aspects of, and the success of, all assigned projects. This position offers career development, the opportunity to expand the practice, and has the potential of participation in our leadership recognition program.
- Lead and mentor a multidiscipline team of professional and technical staff;
- Lead the marketing and business development efforts for the Community Development team in the office;
- Lead the recruiting efforts necessary to build a strong team of professionals and support staff;
- Organize and lead project-related meetings and presentations;
- Coordinate with client, team members, sub-consultants and prepare proposals;
- Perform planning phase activities, including project research and investigations, assessment of project feasibility, and provide input to project team on civil engineering related issues;
- Perform and direct all aspects of civil engineering design including layout/geometry, grading, drainage, paving, water, sewer, and erosion control. Projects may include land development (all types/sectors), roadway/intersection design, hydrology/hydraulic stormwater modeling, hydraulic modeling of pipe networks, preparation of construction plans and related design reports;
- Prepare complete submission packages, supporting calculations, cost estimates, project schedules, and other duties;
- Monitor and control project progress, staffing, budgets, and methods of analysis and objectives and keep client informed of progress, budget, work progress and challenges; and
- Plan and execute QA/QC plan for individual projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience in relevant site civil or land development engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- A Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is required or must be able to obtain within first 6 months of employment
- A track record of successful projects and established network of key relationships in the Orlando/Central Florida land development and engineering community
- A strong working knowledge of civil engineering design including stormwater, utilities, paving, geometric roadway design, grading and earthwork
- Demonstrated project management and business development experience to nurture existing clients and develop new multi-disciplined opportunities to expand the practice in the geography including developing, recommending and introducing innovation to our clients' projects
- Complete understanding of all phases of contract administration and execution, including scope definition, contract terms/conditions, negotiation, financial project management and complete contract performance (schedule and financial)
- A strong background in both private and public sector clients including commercial, residential, and mixed use developers as well as local governmental clients with the ability to coordinate the entire project effort, client interaction and project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and build trust, rapport and effective working relationships, both internally within a multidisciplinary team and externally, including public involvement / engagements and making presentations to regulatory boards
- An affinity for community involvement and visible local engagement is preferred to help promote the company's services and presence in the geography
- Ability to travel, as required
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top