Senior Civil Engineer - Water Resources
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Water Sector for a highly motivated Senior Civil Engineer with water and wastewater experience. This position will be based out of our St. Louis, MO location.
Your Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will use their management and technical abilities to complete the process mechanical detailed design of water and wastewater projects and manage a team of design professionals and technicians to deliver projects involving the design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection systems, and water supply and transmission systems.
- Manage a team of design professionals and technicians
- Management of a water and wastewater infrastructure projects
- Interact with clients and management regarding status of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Apply and share experience/knowledge of treatment, wastewater collection, and water system conveyance facility design
- Lead and manage preparation of construction documents including design drawings, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Research and understand issues related to wastewater and water resources that impact individual projects
- Ensure that projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Provide oversight, coordination, and problem solving in managing design teams providing Engineering Services During Construction for multiple projects under construction.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project execution of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understands client expectations, project budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, Adobe and AutoCAD.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Proficient in relevant 2D required, both 3D platform preferred (Autodesk and Bentley) design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, InfoWORKS, PondKing, StormCAD, WaterCAD, Biowin, GPS-X, Visual MINTEQ and HADES, in accordance with expertise.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
Masters of Science in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
Licensed Professional Engineer.
Minimum of 15 years of experience.
Or the combination of education and experience to qualify for licensure within one year of hire.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Fenton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1800020C
Back to top