Senior Civil Engineer - Wastewater
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
An opportunity exists within our Water group for a Senior Civil Engineer with extensive Water and Wastewater experience to assist our continually expanding New England practice.
- Candidate will primarily be involved with municipal and/or agency projects for waterworks, wastewater and storm water.
- Work may include planning, coordinating work of support staff, conducting field investigations, evaluation of equipment and systems, report writing, design development, and implementation of construction phase services.
- Projects may include: equipment/systems evaluation; designs for rehabilitation, replacements and/or modifications; equipment selection; development of specifications, quantity takeoffs, cost estimates; and scheduling/coordination of project activities.
- Candidate may also participate in new business development including preparing proposals, and participating at interviews.
- This position may require participation at presentations and meetings during evening hours
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required, MS preferred.
- PE required
- 10 - 20 years' experience in planning, design and implementation of construction of municipal waterworks, wastewater, storm water and/or CSO management equipment and systems (piping, pumping, treatment).
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Required Computer Skills: AutoCAD; Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must have valid driver's license
- Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering desired
- Desired Computer skills: Building information management (Revit), ArcView GIS and project scheduling software
- Experience in development of studies and reports for municipal waterworks, wastewater and storm water management is desirable.
- Experience in construction inspection very beneficial.
- Experience communicating and interacting with project clientele very beneficial.
- ENV SP, LEED AP or LEED Green Associate certification, a plus
- OSHA training also beneficial
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top