Senior Civil Engineer - Roadway/Highway
- Fort Worth, TX
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will leverage your experience with Texas highway and roadway projects to assist in our growing Texas practice and manage the design and delivery of various projects from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and completion.
You will perform a variety of tasks with potentially complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge, sound principles and best practices. The role of a Senior Civil Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project. You will lead the design of assigned projects to ensure reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
You may provide supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining budgets and schedules. You may support proposal efforts to expand our project base in the Texas market.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare complex engineering designs and plans for urban and rural roadways and highways
- Lead the development of Traffic Control Plans
- Develop budgets and monitor work of assigned team to ensure budgets and schedules are met
- Coordinate with Project Managers, project team and clients
- Responsible for design, review and sealing of assigned projects
- Supervise the work of engineers and CAD assigned
- Lead and develop junior staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in MicroStation-Geopak SS3-4, OpenRoads, and other relevant design software
- Experience with 3-D Corridor Modeling
- Experience with developing Traffic Control Plans
- Strong knowledge of the TxDOT requirements, procedures, and PS&E plan production
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical though, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule
- Effective communicator
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field
- TX PE license
- Minimum of 8 years highway/roadway design experience - TxDOT Precertification preferred
You will work in an open-concept office setting. Local travel may be required for attending client or public meetings, scoping new assignments, and visiting project sites.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Texas-Fort Worth
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 200000Z2
Back to top