Senior Civil Engineer - Roadway/Highway
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will leverage your experience with Texas highway and roadway projects to assist in our growing Texas practice and manage the design and delivery of large projects.
You will have responsibility as Project Manager for projects in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and completion.
You will perform a variety of tasks with potentially complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge. You will lead the analysis of proposed projects to ensure reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
In addition, you will support efforts to expand our existing client and project base and position the firm to acquire new business in the Central Texas market.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of highway/roadway design from preliminary schematic through PS&E
- Lead and develop roadway staff
- Perform as project manager or task leader on highway projects
- Monitor the quality of design and technical service delivery on transportation projects
- Write and negotiate proposals with clients or reviewing agencies
- Lead and be actively engaged with prospective client's relationship building and maintenance
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects and supervising the work of other engineers
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents
- Responsible for invoicing, managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets using PM dashboard access
- Perform on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members
- Liaise with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials
- Participate in client functions, trade shows and conferences
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project management and technical leadership on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule
- Understanding of client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing and collecting accounts receivable
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams via mentoring and coaching
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods
- Experience in relevant design software, which may include Microstation, Geopak or Inroads
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field
- TX PE license
- Minimum of 10 years highway/roadway design experience - TxDOT Precertification preferred
- Experience in project management, planning, design and contract administration
- Experience in successful highway project pursuits including identifying opportunities, building client relationships, developing teaming strategies and developing proposals
You will work in an open-concept office setting. Local travel may be required for attending client or public meetings, scoping new assignments, and visiting project sites.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 190003AF
Back to top