Senior Civil Engineer- Land Development
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's multidisciplinary office in Pittsburgh, PA has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Civil Engineering Team Lead.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development in the Land Development market, who can offer creative design practice skills balanced with a solid business approach.
Your Key Responsibilities
- This position requires the ability to manage significant projects, liaise with clients and government agencies, and effectively work with local and geographic/regional teams.
- This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level.
- We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Leading and implementing business development strategies for key clients and strategic pursuits.
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction.
- Leadership and involvement in related professional societies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex community development infrastructure projects with an emphasis on technical and project delivery excellence.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Develops and manages the project scope, budget, staffing, and schedule.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Mentor and empower junior staff and other team members.
- Plan and manage projects and tasks to complete them on time and within budget.
- Play a key role in maintaining and strengthening the design reputation of the Community Development team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects and an established network of clients and relationships in the Land Development market.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Successful experience writing and responding to RFP's and RFQ's.
- Strong leadership, team building and communication skills.
- Experience managing junior staff, client relationships and complex projects.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including computer literacy in Civil3D, Hydrology/Hydraulic design software, MS Office.
- "One team" approach methodologies' for delivery of projects and collaboration with others provides excellent opportunities for professional growth and learning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Professional Registration (PE) required.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Civil Engineering
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003GG
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top