Senior Civil Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters. Mentors and leads younger engineering staff.
- Prepares project staff resourcing hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans, reports, and specifications and submits them for approval.
- Oversees personnel involved in engineering design, planning, and investigation work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Plans, schedules and conducts or coordinates construction services on projects of moderate scope.
- Attends client meetings and presents on project progress, findings, and other coordination activities.
- Assists in business development efforts by presenting at industry conferences, assisting with proposal development, and attends project pursuit interviews.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 10+ Years Experience
- Experience in pipeline design, flood control design, hydrologic and hydraulic methods and associated software, grading and earthwork, and utilities design.
- Experience with municipal design-bid-build, CMAR, and design build project experience is a plus.
- Experience with Microstation/AutoCAD Civil 3D is also plus. Great technical, communication, and writing skills are required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Civil Engineering as a minimum. Master of Science (M.S.) Civil Engineering preferred.
- Nevada P.E. license is required or must be obtained within 6 months after hiring.
- Additional registrations in multiple states may be required to support southwest region operations.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top