Senior Civil Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is inviting conversations with Water consultants in the Salt Lake Valley. Our goal is to gradually strengthen our connection with the communities in the region, and that means having a personal connection with you. Whether we work together at Stantec or not, we may very well work together as a team, and we're more apt to recognize those opportunities having had a conversation than not. So let's talk.
As you know, MWH and joined forces last year, creating a company of consultants that can take on the world's most challenging projects (i.e. widening of the Panama Canal) but also remains deeply rooted in our local communities. Our stated purpose: "To make a difference in the world by creating communities."
Stantec is now a collaboration of 22,000 consultants in 400 community offices worldwide. We share our ideas and experience seamlessly so each community we serve can benefit from the industry's top thinkers and best ideas. We also share ideas and experience so every Stantec consultant can become as knowledgeable as they wish, as quickly as they choose. Connect with Stantec and you can learn more, learn faster, and have a tangible impact both in your own community and on major projects around the world. Your career accelerates. Your perspective broadens. It's forward motion that's stimulating and rewarding.
You went to school to make a difference. So did we. If you live and work in the Salt Lake Valley, or if you would like to move to the area, this is an invitation to explore how we can collaborate to make 1+1=3. Let's chat.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting engineering role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects. These projects consist of water/wastewater pipelines, site work for municipal water and sewer facilities, infrastructure systems including treatment plants, pump stations, pipelines and related infrastructure. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The selected candidate will need to be self-directed, capable of independent tasks as well as supporting complex teams, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wet infrastructure industry with an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally while collaborating with national practice groups.
The following skills will be considered for this position:
• Lead mid-size to large projects as project manager or lead project engineer
• Prepare detailed reports, evaluations, memoranda, design drawings, technical specifications and cost information, and review and respond to construction submittals, shop drawings and RFIs
• Work in conjunction with other engineers to solve project interdisciplinary design problems, performing basic design calculations as required. The successful candidate would be able to apply critical thinking to solve water and wastewater challenges and work with a large technical team to develop the best, innovative solution
• Demonstrate discipline in project administration including spoken and written communication, writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs and completing progress reports
• Supervise related work being performed by designers and administrative staff
• Interact professionally with client, project team members, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects
• Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BS degree (or equivalent) in the civil or environmental engineering field. MS degree preferred.
• Professional Engineer registration or the ability to acquire registration within 1 year of their hire date, State of Utah preferred
• A minimum of 8 years of experience is required within the municipal water, wastewater or stormwater disciplines is required
• She/he must also have good verbal and written communication skills, be team oriented and highly self-motivated, possess good problem solving skills, and be willing to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH, now part of Stantec, is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top