Senior Civil Engineer
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe. Your Opportunity Our US office is looking for a senior civil engineer with strong structural experience to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project . Previous mining or heavy industrial / process experience is a must. The engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. As a senior civil / structural engineer you will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, and field work. The projects that a senior civil engineer may be assigned to, may have complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge. Leads the analysis of proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for large projects of high complexity.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all civil engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes technologies in development of three dimensional models of civil systems and provides markups for junior engineers/designers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various civil phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Leads in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Develops and manages the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the civil group.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Assists with the development of proposal for smaller, less complex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of National Civil Code and applicable energy codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD.
Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top