Senior Civil Engineer
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Community Development group is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work, and play, and is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Whether it's for a new phase, a new neighborhood, revitalization, or a new city, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. With a full range of services we provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional, and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Charlotte, NC has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Civil Engineer.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development in the Charlotte Market, who can offer creative design practice skills balanced with a solid business approach. This position requires the ability to manage significant projects, client and government agency responsibility and effectiveness in working with a team locally and across geographic regions. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships with developers and builders for residential, industrial, commercial, and retail development, and play a key role in client management and satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for growth and strengthen the existing client base and service offerings in the Charlotte market for the Community Development team.
- Mentor and empower other team members.
- Execute and manage complex civil engineering designs and work with others through design development and construction document phases to execute built work.
- Serve as a technical design expert for projects and supervise and manage work through junior staff to develop and execute design.
- Plan and manage projects and tasks in order to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Play a key role in maintaining and strengthening the design reputation of the Community Development team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in NC, with the ability to acquire SC licensure quickly.
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects and an established network of clients and relationships in the Charlotte, NC market.
- Civil Engineering experience with commerical, retail, hospitals, schools, etc. preferred.
- Experience managing junior staff, client relationships and complex projects.
- Sound knowledge of industry practice and demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including computer literacy in Civil3D 2011 or later version, Hydrology / Hydraulic design software, word processing, Excel and other standard office software.
We put people first, and it shows. We're proud to be one of Charlotte's Best Places to Work, as named by the Charlotte Business Journal.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top