Senior Civil Designer
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Civil Designer in our Santa Maria, CA office. Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be the lead design professional on each land development project. The ideal candidate will be able to understand and direct all aspects of project development design jurisdictional requirements and submittals.
- Assist project manager / project principal with project team coordination on projects
- Perform and oversee all aspects of design (grading, streets, water, sewer, storm drain, horizontal control, signage & striping plans, etc.)
- Prepare / oversee the preparation of SWPPP documents
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing construction documents and technical reports
- Prepare Engineers Opinion of Probable Cost
- Prepare Technical Specifications and Special Provisions
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5-10 years' of experience on civil design of public works and land development (infrastructure, commercial, residential, or site work) projects.
- Advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D Including: surfaces, grading tools, pipe networks, corridors, styles and sheet layout/details
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office software (word, excel) and Microsoft outlook.
- Good organization, coordination, and time managerial skills necessary to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Good technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, letters and technical specifications.
- Good verbal communication skills and "people" skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top