Senior Civil CAD Technician
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a motivated Intermediate or Senior Civil CAD Technologist to join our Kelowna, BC team and be heavily involved in a variety of Civil / Municipal Infrastructure / Site Development Projects within the water sector of our business. The Kelowna office provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of municipal and industrial projects, including land development, water, wastewater, drainage, transportation, and related civil projects. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. Significant opportunity to advance your career exists with this position, in which you will gain experience carrying out a wide range of duties on the projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Act as a lead designer in the preparation of engineering drawings for civil site, roadway, site grading and drainage projects utilizing AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Provide design and CAD assistance to engineering staff for civil site, roadway, site grading and drainage utilizing AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Delegate work to and mentor junior CAD design staff
- Preparing plan, section, detail, schematic and construction drawings using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Performing Engineering calculations
- Create new drawings and transfer mark-ups
- Create a topographic surface and calculate quantities
- Coordination of project drawings with Project Managers, CAD staff and others
- Ensuring that the projects are completed in a timely and effective manner
- Experience in computer aided drafting using AutoCAD, Civil 3D - Experience with Microstation will be considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- A willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Imagination and enthusiasm in their work and willingness to add value to projects where possible.
Registered as a CET with ASET.
A diploma in Civil Technology.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top