Senior CAD Designer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle.
Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the
We are seeking a Senior Level CAD Designer to join our team in Lexington, KY. As a Senior CAD Designer, your role will be to lead design phases and implement design standards on large water infrastructure projects of high complexity. The selected candidate may provide specialty and technical guidance and mentoring to other technician/design staff to provide innovation while maintaining standards and procedures. You will review engineering drawings and supporting documentation for details, accuracy and completeness.
The position will include work that supports business development and delivery of studies and proposals. You will review and prepare drawings and work directly with Engineers to develop design detail drawings and quantities and various supporting documents. You will also assist with advanced CAD and BIM technology development working with others and continuing Stantec's leadership with design.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead process mechanical design teams on multiple projects
- Train and mentor CAD staff and entry-level engineers in procedures, CAD standards, and software.
- Participates in CAD/BIM committee(s).
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, plotting, and drafting using CAD/BIM platforms noted below.
- Works closely with engineers and senior designers on assigned projects and assist with design engineering.
- Coordinates submittals for clients, governmental agencies, permitting agencies, etc. for reviews, approvals, and other milestones.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of models and sheet files for standards compliance, discipline coordination and ensures comments have been addressed by the responsible CAD Technician and others as required.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of construction documents and provides design ideas and solutions.
- Performs complex design tasks on projects with understanding of process and instrumentation diagrams, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrates complete understanding of project requirements, including budget, design requirements, and complete project submittal.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Ability to lead small to midsize design production teams in a distributed environment.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of software programs including Autodesk and Bentley products including but not limited to Autocad, Civil 3D, Revit, Infraworks, Autodesk Recap, Navisworks, Autocad Electrical, Autocad PID, Microstation, Inroads, Descartes, Navigator, OPM and OPPID.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to work with pointclouds to model existing facilities and features.
- Working knowledge of basic engineering calculations.
- Previous experience with process mechanical systems, wet infrastructure, and structural design associated with water and wastewater treatment plants and collection and distribution systems.
- Ability to read and develop P&I drawings/diagrams.
- Ability to coordinate and work with other disciplines.
- Ability to translate process and instrumentation drawings into physical layouts.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 12-14 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900036W
Back to top