Senior Business Development Manager
MWH Constructors is currently seeking to add a Senior Business Development Manager to support project development throughout the Western U.S. The selected candidate will ideally be located or willing to relocate to our headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado. An alternative remote work location may be considered for the right candidate. Extensive travel will be required.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH, now a part of Stantec, and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on water infrastructure with an overall construction revenue of over $800 million.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, design-build and hard bid general contracting services for primarily water and wastewater facilities and industrial facilities. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
• Plan, develop, perform, and supervise business development and strategic marketing efforts for the acquisition of new project construction backlog, including integrated project delivery (CMAR and Design-Build).
• Identify new business opportunities for our core water/wastewater business; screen and facilitate sales opportunities and growth through research, relationships, calls, conferences, and presentations.
• Participate in water and wastewater related industry tradeshow activities to identify, coordinate and meet with prospective clients.
• Nurture and develop relationships with water/wastewater equipment industry vendors at the local, and state levels, as well as local Engineers.
• Maintain positive industry relationships and work across internal MWH/Stantec engineering and consulting departments to identify leads and teaming needs.
• Liaise with our corporate proposal team to identify and organize proposal teams and preparation process.
• Represent Constructors during Corporate go, no-go decision process.
• 12+ years of experience in business development in water/wastewater construction and/or other related civil works.
• Client facing experience developing new business for water/wastewater projects valued in the $25m and higher range.
• Ability to open doors with clients, strong proposal writing ability, ability to win projects that are profitable as bid, ability to assess risk and develop mitigation strategies, ability to interface with MWH's engineering and consulting businesses and to succeed in an engineering-construction organization.
• Ability to successfully manage CRM system tracking multiple opportunities and clients.
• Fiscal responsibility in managing complex multidiscipline projects.
• Strong research, business, and communications skills.
• Strong community interaction and involvement.
• Outstanding communication skill, both verbal and written correspondence on project related issues.
• Creative problem solving ability, negotiation and follow-up skills.
• Strong organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
• Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, construction management, business, computer science or a related degree.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top