Senior Building Inspector
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Our team of interdisciplinary code professionals work collaboratively to assure client designs comply with life-safety requirements of the international codes. Our history with local and regional jurisdictions and tribal governments includes plan review, field inspection, and interim building official.
Stantec's Phoenix office is looking for a senior ICC inspection professional who is experienced and certified in large, complex commercial field inspection. Strong candidates possess skills necessary to work independently, manage client-imposed deadlines, and establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients to find common ground and alternate solutions.
- Lead the inspection process of large commercial construction projects assessing field conditions for compliance of all adopted codes, federal standards, engineering design, constructibility, and jurisdictional amendments as contracted by public and private clientele
- Manage the inspection of complex commercial construction sites to ensure compliance with all code regulations for all disciplines (architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, fire, and accessibility) for multiple jurisdictional as well as private clients
- Collaborate with and guide other team members to confirm compliance in all aspects of the design phase
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- MUST have minimum ten (10) years of experience as a building inspector experience for compliance with building codes for new construction and alterations of heavy commercial projects.
- MUST possess current ICC Certification(s) as Commercial Building Inspector with other current ICC certifications.
- MUST possess current ICC certifications for special inspections or equivalent experience performing concrete and specialized inspections on heavy construction/complex commercial projects.
- Jurisdictional knowledge and experience is preferred
- MUST have proficient knowledge of construction documents
- Valid driver's license required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top