Senior Bridge Technologist
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists in our Hamilton office for a Senior Bridge Technologist. The Transportation Group consists of about 40 multi-disciplined staff that are involved in the planning and design of roads and bridges for MTO, Metrolinx, municipalities, and railway owners. These projects encompass the entire life of the facility - from feasibility studies through detailed design and construction oversight. Are you excited by and passionate about this interesting and challenging field of engineering?
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the quality and scheduling of work produced by the Bridge CADD group
- Prepare bridge planning, preliminary design, and detail design drawings for various bridge types and other transportation structures
- Supervise and mentor bridge technologists/technicians
- Prepare quantity calculations and cost estimating
- Undertake culvert and bridge inspections to assess condition
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of MTO bridge design manuals, standards, and practices
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MicroStation, with working knowledge of Civil 3D and InRoads is a required
- Experience with 3D design software such as AutoDesk Revit and Bentley Bridge would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with the Ontario Structural Inspection Manual and Structural Manual
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
Graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program with an emphasis on Structural Engineering. Working towards registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) is an asset.
Minimum of 8-years of related work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001MO
Back to top