Senior Bridge Engineer/Project Manager
- Baton Rouge, LA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Bridge Engineer/Project Manager/Team Leader in our Baton Rouge or New Orleans office locations. The Sr. Bridge Engineer must be a highly engaged Project Manager with exceptional client interaction skills and the ability to effectively work across multiple operational groups and technical disciplines. In this role you will lead engineering teams on projects and serve as quality control for both design calculations and plan development. You may also be responsible for preparing designs and ensuring the development and delivery of successful structural projects such as bridges, highway interchanges, roadway reconstruction, railroad infrastructure and public spaces.
This is an opportunity to be involved in a variety of aspects when it comes to bridges such as design, analysis, load rating, inspection, and rehabilitation/repair. Additionally, Stantec integrates skills and resources throughout North America, offering opportunities to work on bridge assignments throughout the country.
The Stantec bridge group in Louisiana has been involved in complex bridge design projects for the LADOTD and MDOT on projects such an urban corridor with trapezoidal girders in Lafayette, LA; a curved steel plate girder interchange in Gulfport, MS; and, current projects such as a navigational channel crossing in Lake Charles, LA and design-build delivery of an airport interchange in New Orleans, LA.
Your Key Responsibilities
- May serve as a team leader on bridge inspection projects
- Performs on technically complex transportation projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members
- Leads preparation and coordination of construction documents and project specifications
- Liaises with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals
- May write and negotiate proposals as project issues arise with clients or reviewing agencies
- Perform other duties as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Possess or able to obtain P.E. licenses in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi and NBIS Certified Bridge Inspector status.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of bridge design, understanding of various design methods, and a thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microstation, AASHTOWare BrR, MDX, LEAP, and any other relevant design software.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understands client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing and collecting accounts receivable
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others
- Ability to create and interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Master's degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- 15 years of experience
Position may work in both an office and field setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-New Orleans
Other Locations: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000JL
Back to top