Senior Bridge Engineer - Inspection
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec' has an immediate need for talented, team focused Senior Structural Engineers with a minimum of 10 years of experience in bridge engineering, design and bridge inspection. The position is located in the Laurel, Maryland offices. This position is for an individual with 10 years design experience looking to challenge themselves on a professional level on a variety of transportation projects. You will have the opportunity to learn, work on exciting and multi-faceted projects, and grow your career.
We are looking for Structural Engineers who excel in working in a team environment and have a passion for the work that they do. The successful candidates will join a growing team of transportation professionals and contribute to the design component of roadway and bridge projects throughout Maryland.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The majority of work will include bridge projects for departments of transportation and municipalities in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- Key duties include preparation of plans, specifications, design calculations, bridge load ratings, cost estimates and bridge inspection services for DOT and Municipal clients.
- Tasks would include but not be limited to performing bridge analysis, design and geometry calculations, developing drawings, and performing condition inspections and report preparations.
- Position also entails preparing engineering reports and technical studies, preparing scope and fee proposals, preparing construction cost estimates and assisting on other projects, as needed, including construction phase services support, field work and performing independent design reviews.
- Guide and mentor junior staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with MDOT required; MSHA, MDTA and MTA preferred
- Prior consulting experience and established client and agency contacts are desirable
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills
- Bridge inspection experience required
- NBIS certification preferred
- Registered PE in the state of MD, required
- Bridge load rating experience preferred
- A working knowledge of CADD is preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Master's preferred.
Minimum of 10 years of bridge engineering, design and bridge inspection experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Laurel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001UX
Back to top