Senior Bridge Engineer
We create great places and the
connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane,
or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve,
we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that
fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience.
Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists in various
locations for a Senior Bridge Engineer to become part of a dynamic
Transportation Engineering group in our British Columbia offices. Stantec's
Transportation Team has a strong local presence but also participates in some
of Stantec's largest and most complex transportation projects. The successful
candidate will be someone with a strong bridge design and management background
also demonstrating exceptional leadership and communication.
- As part of our team, you will be involved in theplanning and design of bridges and other structures related to varioushighway, transit, and rail projects. You will be responsible for:
- Supervising the work of structural analysts anddesigners for a variety of transportation structures.
- Quantity calculations and cost estimating.
- Preparing contract documents, reports, and proposals.
- Preparing and presenting information to clients and thepublic.
- Providing direction to junior and intermediatedesigners and technical support staff.
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in our multi-disciplineddesign offices.
- Project management and quality review of designdrawings.
- Opportunities exist for the overall financial,technical and personnel management of major projects.
Capabilities,Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in Civil Engineering with at least 12years of professional experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant bridge design guides,particularly CHBDC.
- Familiarity with BC Transportation and local Municipalitiespractice manuals, standards and policies.
- Experience in a bridge design lead role.
- Has worked on Design-Bid-Build and P3 projects.
- Experience in preparing proposals and reports.
- Ability to lead individuals and teams on projectassignments.
- Proven experience in structural inspections, conditionsurveys, and construction supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word,Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Position will primarily work in an
office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties,responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any timewith or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's
talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations: Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001Q9
Back to top