Senior Bridge Design Engineer
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Due to our expanding business, British Columbia's Transportation Group is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Bridge Design Engineer with strong design and analysis skills to join our team and work alongside engineering professionals who provide specialized engineering services in the bridge, road/highway, and transit sub-sectors at Stantec.
This position is primarily a design/analysis role with some field responsibilities and would be based out of our Burnaby or Kamloops office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Independently Preparing structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design codes (i.e. CAN/CSA-S6-14, AASHTO LRFD).
- Independently Performing advanced structural analysis of new bridge and structures designs and rehabilitation of existing structures.
- Leading and preparing conceptual design options reviews in order to develop innovative and cost effective design solutions.
- Preparing detailed technical specifications, and special provisions.
- Providing leadership and direction to CAD designers and junior engineers for design and drawing preparation.
- Performing internal QC reviews for detailed design of bridges and other structures.
- Preparing cost estimates for concept and detailed design.
- Tender document preparation and providing engineering services during construction including conducting field reviews.
- Preparing technical memorandums, reports, and preparing proposals.
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in other offices and different disciplines in an integrated and fast paced design environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate you will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Structural or Civil Engineering degree.
- Must be a registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and analysis of highway bridges and other transportation structures (pedestrian bridges, retaining walls, large culverts, snow sheds, ferry docks and ramps, sign bridges etc.), which must be North American projects, with British Columbia project experience strongly preferred.
- Strong seismic design experience is essential.
- Working knowledge and recent design experience using the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Bridge Standards and Procedures.
- Experience in steel, concrete, and timber design is desired.
- Experience using specialized software such as XTRACT, SAP2000, Midas, Lusas, and CSi Bridge; working knowledge of AutoCAD is beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required as well as effective technical writing skills for reports, specifications and proposals.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top