Senior Bridge CADD Technician
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec Consulting, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Bridge CADD Technician with Structural or Civil computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) experience in our Lexington, KY office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and edit design drawings andconstruction plans for transportation/hydraulic structures as requiredutilizing Microstation software package.
- Preparing high quality plans by utilizing engineeringcalculations, notes, sketches, etc. as prepared by engineers; usinggeometry and structural components for accurate descriptions of componentsand completed structures
- Providing clear and detailed plan preparation work,compliant with accepted design/drafting standards of the client includingmanuals, standard figures and plans, or other resources.
- Understands the terminology, technology, and otherconcepts related to structural engineering and construction practices.Applies this understanding to the process of structure layout, concretereinforcing and structural steel detailing.
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of the drawingsand graphic work produced for the team.
- Prepare and check quantity calculations fromplans.
- Perform shop drawing reviews.
- Ensure that project needs are met in a timely andeffective manner.
- Works closely with project managers, project engineers,designers, and other structural CAD technicians.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient skills in Microstation, Projectwise, MS Word and Excel, and Adobe PDF are required as a minimum
- Strong attention to detail and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a "team player" approach to design and problem solving
- Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead other team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Technical Degree, AAS or BS in Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- 5 years experience in civil/structural engineering drafting of bridges and other transportation structures
This description is not a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of theemployee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned ormay be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around
us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 19000162
Back to top