Senior Bio Process Engineer
Your Opportunity: We create designs that advance new discoveries. With over 2500 Science and Technology projects completed, Stantec ranks #1 in the top 300 S&T A/E firms. With over 50 offices focsed on the S&T sector from production, to research, to science instruction, Stantec excels at Intelligent design and innovative execution. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Our dynamic team in Albany, NY, has an immediate need for a senior level process / chemical engineer with 10-15 years of consulting and project management experience. Prior design and management experience involving pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life science, R&D laboratory, cleanroom, or GMP facilities is rerquired. Demonstrated business development is preferred.
Your Duties: The Senior Process Engineer will manage small to large project from concept through design, construction and close out. Sample duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead engineering design teams
- Mentor and guide junior engineers
- Prepare proposals to include scope, schedule and fee
- Develop project budget, schedule and overall work planning in order to return target level of profit.
- Engineering analysis and calculations
- Produce construction plans, (e.g. process flow diagrams, piping plans, equipment specifications and datasheets, etc.), reports, and other deliverables
- In addition to producing design documents, oversee preparation design documentation
- Vendor and product research
- Conduct field observation and report progress
- Lead project coordination and site meetings
- Ensure quality assurance and quality control has been conducted.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Minimum requirements include:
- Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences or Laboratory design experience is required
- Professionally accredited degree in Chemical Engineering is required
- Minimum 7 - 10 years experience
- Engineering license or ability to be licensed required
- Must be able to work well independently as well as with a larger team of designers and engineers
- Must be detail-oriented with effective communication skills both verbally and written
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top