Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Stantec's Internal Audit department is evolving and growing to meet the company's assurance needs. Internal Audit team members have the opportunity to make a difference in improving Stantec's business and financial processes. We have a well-established SOX program which offers an excellent opportunity to learn the major financial reporting processes of the company. We also have an evolving internal audit program which provides opportunities to learn about other key areas of Stantec's business. Those services are delivered within a dynamic company - recent exciting developments include continued domestic growth and expansion into international markets. We are seeking a Senior Internal Auditor who will provide value added advisory, assurance and consulting services.
- Works independently with only limited direction and guidance and provides appropriate direction to other team members
- Plans and performs SOX, internal audit and consulting projects, including complex and sensitive engagements
- Thinks strategically to effectively establish the appropriate audit objectives and scope to meet client expectations
- Evaluates findings in the context of the implications for the entire organization (i.e., "big picture")
- Reviews files to ensure that a high level of quality is maintained and that auditing standards are followed
- Can successfully lead exit meetings with the audit client to present the results and garner management support for the audit report and its recommendations
- Establishes and monitors targets for internal auditors (where applicable), ensuring both quality and productivity
- Recognizes and defuses potentially confrontational situations
- Manages group dynamics and interpersonal relationships within and across teams
- Performs multiple projects, working with various team members to meet budgets and deadlines .
- Builds positive working relationships with stakeholders including clients, management and the external auditor
- Keeps abreast of emerging issues and external regulatory requirements that have assurance implications
- Contributes to a team-oriented and continuous improvement environment within Stantec
- Minimum of 25% travel will be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional accounting designation, minimum 4 years of relevant post-designation experience within a large, complex environment in some or all of the following areas: public accounting, internal auditing and/or SOX compliance
- Excellent understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Has led and/or supervised a team
- Private sector experience is considered an asset
- Certification in auditing or fraud examination is also considered an asset (e.g., Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE))
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top