Senior Architectural Technologist/Job Captain - Buildings
Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Our Edmonton, Alberta office has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Architectural Technologist/Job Captain to become part of our integrated Architecture & Engineering practice.
Your Duties: Due to growth, Stantec's Edmonton office has an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate/Senior Architectural Technologist. This office has over 180 people supporting our clients' projects locally and across Canada.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare design development presentations.
- Prepare contract drawings, specifications, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and direction to others.
- Liaising with multidisciplinary project teams.
- Assist with and /or managing contract administration services.
- Assist in preforming building code analysis.
- Complete projects and assignments within timelines and budgets.
- Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety.
- Represent Stantec Architecture in public meetings in a professional manner.
- Advise on approaches to construction documentation and team composition
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Graduate of a recognized Architectural Graduate Program or Architectural Technologists Program.
- The ideal candidate will have approximately 7-10 years of experience.
- Excel in Autodesk Revit Architecture and AutoCAD Architecture Desktop 2011.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
- A strong understanding of Alberta Building Code and building science resolutions.
- Have above average communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and desire to advance skills and abilities.
- Contract Administrative skills.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top