Senior Architectural Designer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec's Visioning, Brands and Experiences (ViBE) group works on some of the most exciting and unique projects around the world. Extending to 35 countries and hundreds of cities in the US and Canada, our team succeeds in the retail, mixed-use, urban, corporate workplace, and hospitality industries.
We specialize in creating memorable experiences; places that are imbued with purpose, character and values. Our multidisciplinary group unites all aspects of a project from the architecture, landscaping and amenities to wayfinding, public areas and brand identity to create unique, innovative and meaningful experiences. We are skilled in the art of collaboration and communication.
Our office is located in downtown Boulder, a unique community of tech entrepreneurs, outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, educators, and creatives of all sorts. The Boulder area is known for its scenic beauty and award-winning quality of life. Area residents enjoy excellent schools, high-quality healthcare, earth-friendly policies, and a remarkable variety of cultural, dining, shopping, and entertainment choices.
We value a healthy work-life balance and strive to create and nurture a diverse, enjoyable workplace while continuously working to perfect our craft.
Check us out: https://www.stantec.com/en/services/visioning-brands-experiences
As a Senior Architectural Designer with Stantec's ViBE group in the Boulder studio, you will have the opportunity to continue developing your architectural and design career by joining a truly multidisciplinary team with a keen focus on generating and celebrating the unique narratives that connect each of our projects to their communities. You will strive to create unique, authentic and memorable experiences, applying design as a strategic service to shape our clients' vision.
The role of Senior Architectural Designer is that of an experienced and proven professional capable of assuming the lead role in project design, directing project teams and leading communications with the client and consultants at the most senior level. As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include but are not limited to
Your Key Responsibilities
- Strategically manage the expected and creatively adapt to the unexpected
- Experienced professional ready to take the lead role in project design with a command of complex technical issues
- Delivers projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership of the design team members
- Responsible for financial performance of projects, delivering projects on time, and winning recognition for excellence.
- Sees great opportunities in any size project
- Looks for opportunities to learn new skills
- Provides direct supervision of project team members, holds them accountable, and provides timely feedback
- Works collaboratively with office and operational leadership to achieve effective staffing which supports the needs of clients and projects as well as appropriately balances the firm's resources
- Responsible for supporting successful project delivery for all phases of Architectural Design including Concept, Design Development, Design Intent and Final Implementation
- Coordinates and manages multiple and diverse projects at a time, often with overlapping schedules and deliverable due dates
- Leads design presentations to clients, project stakeholders, and team members in a variety of environments both inside and outside of the office
- Participates in industry and community outreach, recruitment, marketing, and promotional endeavors
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently as well as within a team environment and demonstrates ability and desire to mentor
- Holistic designer with the ability to solve complex problems in simple, creative ways
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a strong desire to attract top clients and the best projects
- Ability to resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Strong graphic and visualization skills with knowledge of typography and graphic arts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to successfully communicate with clients, consultants, contractors and design team members, internally, externally, and in the field
- Business development and outreach experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in other design disciplines preferred
- Proven technical understanding of construction means and methods, materials and building codes
- Wide knowledge of current design software 2D, 3D, AR/VR such as SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, Enscape, Revit or AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite
- To be considered for this position, a portfolio or URL to your online portfolio must be provided with the submission of your resume.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related design field - A Master's degree is preferable. A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in a variety of retail, entertainment and commercial buildings. State Licensure and LEED accreditation is a plus but not required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Design Coordinator
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Boulder
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 19000038
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top