Senior Architect, Transit Facilities
- San Francisco, CA
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
We specialize in work throughout California and North America, planning and designing operations and maintenance facilities, subway, commuter and light rail stations, multimodal transit centers and park-n-ride facilities. Stantec leads the transit and civic markets in facility planning and design of highly sustainable buildings. We focus on providing transformational design solutions that exceed our clients' aspirations through interdisciplinary collaboration. We are passionate about creating meaningful projects that create tremendous value for the clients, users, and public. Our awards are a testament to our commitment to great design, the human experience, and the environment we live in. We provide a unique opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary office, connecting our architects and engineers from all over the World.
We are looking for a Senior Project Architect who shares our interest and expertise in projects with an emphasis on transit, infrastructure, and civic architecture to build this practice in the Bay Area and northern California. As a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team, you will work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. You will cultivate client relationships and provide strategic input to Sector leadership. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will lead and coordinate a multi-disciplined team of planners, architects and engineers focused on creating great design solutions within highly sustainable environments. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, large scope, highly complex projects.
- Effectively lead and participate to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Plan, organize, and direct the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Lead the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Negotiate and develop project agreements.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Cultivate client relationships and provide strategic input to Sector leadership.
- Mentor multi-discipline staff and motivate project teams.
- Assure that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Lead project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manage and track change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Work with Operations Manager in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Direct client invoicing and effectively manages collections.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive project experience supporting the ability to win work during proposal response.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator.
- Requires understanding of project software: Revit, Bluebeam, MS Project, etc.
- Understanding of building engineering system concepts.
- Experience utilizing design/build project delivery and LEAN design practices preferred.
- Has knowledge and understanding of firm, federal, agency and other required standards and requirements, and can teach others.
- Capable of quickly coming up with design alternatives and solutions.
- Skilled at design and technical concepts.
- Revit and MS Office experience required.
- Bluebeam software experience required.
Education and Experience
Minimum 15 years of experience. Graduate of an accredited architectural school with professional experience in an architecture office. Must be licensed. LEED AP or LEED project experience preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001C8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top