Senior Architect, Commercial/Industrial
Your Opportunity: Our Buildings group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible, and award-winning projects. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, engineers, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, planning and mechanical/electrical/structural engineering for a wide variety of markets.
Our Waterloo office is seeking a Senior Architect with both project and business development skills to join our multidisciplinary team.
Your Duties: As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Design and Technical Excellence:
- Provides expertise in the design of buildings with an expertise in commercial and industrial buildings
- Coordinates multidisciplinary project teams
- Assists in the preparation of deliverables at all project phases
- Supports Stantec policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety
- Helps lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies
- Regularly seeks continuing education opportunities to increase knowledge base
- Develops and maintains client relationships
- Facilitates and holds regular team and client meetings
- Keeps project team well informed of changes and updates
- Effectively communicates relevant project information Studio Leaders and Office Leadership Managing Leader
- Delivers engaging, formative, well-organized presentations both verbally and in writing
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Mentors and inspires project team members
- Attracts and retains architectural staff needed to deliver expertise throughout all phases of project
- Manages team development by aligning project tasks e with capabilities and career interests
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remains engaged and knowledgeable regarding emerging industry practices
- Complies with and helps to enforce Stantec policies and procedures
- Actively supports Stantec's Safer Together and Safety programs and is required to complete all Health and Safety documentation
- Effectively utilizes each team members to his/her fullest potential
- Motivates team to work together efficiently
- Mitigates team conflict and communication challenges
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates team members and their contributions
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members, peers, and clients
- Plans and facilitates team activities that promote Stantec's Safer Together Program
- Manages day-to-day client interaction, evaluates and manages client expectations
- Seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and develops lasting relationships with clients
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluates alternative solutions, and delivers value added services
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives
- Identifies business development and additional service opportunities for all Stantec disciplines as they relate to a specific project, program, or client.
- Works with the other key staff on Commercial and Industrial building opportunities. Develops "win" strategies prior to RFP release
- Engages in client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Degree in Architecture. Registered Architect. OAA registration strongly preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in working commercial and industrial buildings.
- Experienced in, and comfortable with, leading all aspects of the project development cycle from briefing and preparing fee proposals to substantial performance.
- Proven business development record and ability to help position for future commercial and industrial projects/clients
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams, with minimal supervision
- Capability in design, technical and construction detailing
- Strong understanding of zoning bylaws and the Ontario Building Code
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top