Senior Architect - Commercial
Your Opportunity We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
An immediate opportunity currently exists in our Vancouver, BC office for a Senior Architect - Commercial.
We value talent, commitment, and passion for quality design, and are looking for like-minded individuals.
Your Duties Key responsibilities include:
- Experience in a variety of mixed use, retail, commercial, varying scales of multi-family residential, or high rise office
- Lead all phases of design and construction and take ownership of drawing delivery and coordination.
- Provide leadership and direction to project team members, internal and external.
- Attract and retain architectural staff needed to deliver expertise throughout all phases of projects.
- Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership of the architectural team members.
- Work with the other key staff to develop "win" strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, winning recognition for design and/or technical excellence.
- Develop and maintain lasting client relationships through best in industry service.
- Participate in the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and technology deployment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in Architecture; registration as an Architect in Canada or the US; must have the ability to be registered by AIBC within 6 months
- A minimum of 7-10 years of architectural experience related to commercial projects; must be experienced in planning, facility programming, all phases of architectural design from conceptual design development to detailed design and be actively involved in the preparation and coordination of construction documents
- Candidates must be able to lead projects with minimal supervision, manage teams, coordinate consultants, and work directly with clients
- Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Track record of Excellence in technical and contract document production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on effective collaboration and integration
- Strong managerial experience in establishing scope, and directing the work of professional architects and technical staff on multiple projects
- Highly proficient at managing project objectives, priorities, budgeting and scheduling
Please include a work sample or link to your website with your application.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top