The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity The Senior Architect will take the leadership in the development, documentation, coordination, and overall technical design of multiple projects simultaneously.
This individual will possess a demonstrated ability to successfully lead project teams thru all phase of the design and will be the main contact with client, consultants and building officials.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leads and advances the development of the design concept, championing great design
- Offers and supports creative technical design and detailing decisions that are in line with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors
- Understands and leads the integration of code, zoning, market specific best practices and other issues into the project
- Adheres to established project sustainability requirements
- Excels in the art, understanding and approach to documenting how the project is to be constructed
- Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly
- Responsible for and coordinates all project coordination (consultants, code, specifications, etc.)
- Directs document production in adherence to the project checklist and is responsible for our QA/QC standard implementation
- Understands and researches current trends in construction, building systems, etc.
- Leads construction administration, meeting with owners and contractors, and observing work on site.
- Architectural license is preferred
- NCARB certification is preferred
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
- Experience with NYC School Construction Authority projects, preferable in a responsible position on CIP and Capacity projects
- Proficiency in developing building documentation in modeling/drafting software (AutoCAD)
- Some familiarity with other design/graphic software is preferred (REVIT, Sketchup, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with general business and industry software (MS Office suite, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to run projects independently
- Pro-active attitude
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top