Senior Airport Engineer - Group Leader
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Nestled between Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains, Burlington offers the best of all seasons for the outdoor enthusiast; biking, boating, fishing and swimming in the nation's sixth largest lake or skiing on powder that rivals the Rockies. Life in Burlington is of the highest quality.
Voted as one of Vermont's best places to work by Vermont Business Magazine, Stantec's multi-disciplinary office located in South Burlington has a unique opportunity for a Group Leader to join our Airport Infrastructure practice. The Group Leader will manage and develop relationships with established clients as well as grow a local team of aviation staff.
Your Duties: This position will be responsible for:
- Investigation, analysis and overall design and engineering involving a wide-range of aviation projects as assigned from pre-schematic phase through construction closeout.
- Provide conceptual guidance on projects, quality control, design standards, etc.
- Development and maintenance of project scope.
- Assisting the project team through all phases of the project.
- Running production staff and meeting in person with our respected clients to discuss their issues and needs
- Projects include but not limited to: Airport Layout Plans, Runway/Taxiway extensions and widenings, hangars & fuel systems, and airfield lighting/NAVAIDS projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- B.S. with P.E. and 10 years' experience required.
- The preferred candidate will possess a strong background in:
- Airfield design
- Serving clients and executing projects in the aviation industry
- Prior experience leading an aviation team, overseeing project management and managing client service is required
- Experience with planning and implementation of marketing programs to grow design/consulting revenues/profits
- Must have experience and proficiency using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge and experience with municipal regulatory permitting and applicable codes a plus
- Be proficient with business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top