Senior Administrative Assistant - Buildings Engineering
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are currently seeking an Senior Administrative Assistant for our Vancouver, BC office. This person is an experienced, highly motivated individual with strong administrative expertise to provide administrative support to our networked office and secondary administrative support to the other offices and staff of Stantec as required. This position will play a key role by providing support to the Engineering team.
Your Duties The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform clerical functions such as typing, filing, scanning, photocopying, courier and printing.
- Travel coordination including booking flights, hotels and car rentals.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of contract documents, letters, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, specifications or report formatting to company standards as assigned.
- Support senior management and multiple teams as needed.
- Electronic calendar management including scheduling meetings, boardroom bookings, arranging catering and making dinner reservations as appropriate.
- Assist with preparation of expense accounts and timecard administration.
- File management, including creation of new files, filing and coordinate with Records Management the offsite long term storage of project records.
- Assist with entering proposal pursuit and project information into the companywide database.
- Add and update resumes and project profiles in the company wide database.
- Order business cards, clothing and miscellaneous promotional materials when required.
- Assist with interview materials and PowerPoint presentations, proposal assembly, internet research.
- Prepare and submit cheque requests and equipment requisition forms.
- Support the office safety and environmental programs with various reporting requirements.
- Assist with project staff resourcing which includes data entry and generating reports.
- Assist with special event planning, including social committee activities, staff meetings.
- Cover reception desk as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide assistance to the Engineering Discipline Leads
- Willing to undergo security clearance
- Scan record drawings
- Coordinate Lunch and learns for Mechanical and Electrical suppliers
- Team building initiatives with the Engineering team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ideally, a diploma in office administration with 5-7 years of administrative assistant experience in a "projects" environment; experience within a consulting engineering or architecture professional environment is highly desirable.
- Intermediate to senior level skills/experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Great skills with managing PDFs.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 an asset.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- Resilient to handling conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills - articulate and diplomatic; able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Effective in working independently as well as part of an effective team.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Punctual, reliable and possesses a flexible attitude.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top