Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec's West Coast buildings group is looking for a Senior Acoustician to join their growing team. This position can be located in any of Stantec's Seattle WA, San Diego CA, Van Nuys CA, San Francisco CA, or Sacramento CA offices.
Your Duties The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Partners with project managers on architectural acoustics, mechanical systems noise and vibration control, and environmental noise control
- Meets performance targets
- Handles, delegates, and supervises design development and document preparation
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options
- Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations
- Communicates with manufacturers, design teamand contractors to address challenges and develop practical designs
- Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications for acoustical products
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
- Mentor and train junior members of the team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors' degree in related field plus minimum of 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional experience specific to acoustical design and vibration control in educational facilities, libraries, theatres for drama and music, healthcare facilities, commercial space, high-end residential, and/or museums
- Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents, drawings and documentation to appropriate standards
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards applicable to the industry
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects
- Knowledge of related engineering standards
- Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes is preferred
- Ability to prepare and review detailed drawings
- Ability to research and present design options
- Basic familiarity with recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
- Familiarity with CATT Acoustic, SoundPlan, EASE, Algor FEA Software, and sound and vibration measuring equipment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and deftly navigate customized database and software applications
- Ability to read, interpret, and act upon information included in specifications and contracts
- Regional travel is required on a regular basis. Out-of-state travel is required on occasion.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top