Senior Account Manager - GSA
At Stantec we build communities. Our US Federal clients secure and enhance our communities. Together we live, work, and raise our families in these local, national, and international communities.
We design barracks, airfields, roadways, bridges, shipyards, ports, recreational facilities, and other infrastructure to help US Federal Agencies maintain and secure our nation. We explore, analyze and address environmental threats. We plan for, mitigate and respond to natural and man-made disasters. In short, we work hand-in-hand with our US Federal Agency partners to help our communities thrive in a safe, sustainable manner. We do this by designing with community in mind. We diligently explore our communities and client's needs and use our innovation, ethics, and passion to meet those needs.
We are active within the communities we serve and seek those who serve our communities, especially veterans. We place special emphasis on those who have served our nation, because they uniquely understand the effort required to help communities prosper.
For Stantec's US Federal Program, Our Nation is our Community. Come join us and help secure and enhance our local, national and international communities.
Your Opportunity: We're looking for a Senior Account Manager with deep experience in Architecture or Engineering for our Federal Practice. The right candidate will lead our Federal GSA account team in the development and execution of a USA wide account plan for the GSA focusing on understanding the agency structures, leadership and project opportunities. This role will report directly to Stantec's Civic Sector Leader with a secondary reporting relationship to our US Federal Program Manager. The near term goal is to develop a strategy around the GSA Total Workplace Program and GSA Border Crossing Stations focusing on Design and Construction, Workplace Innovation, with key direct opportunistic growth in the other Federal agencies.
Your Responsibilities: EXTERNAL
- Represent Stantec as an Account Manager reporting to the Sector Leader. With overall responsibilities for this client relationship development and maintenance, business development strategy and revenue generation.
- Charged with understanding agency structure and identifying and developing relationships within the General Services Administration.
- Deep understanding of project opportunities on a regional basis and developing strategies and team approaches for positioning Stantec for project opportunities.
INTERNAL - ACCOUNT SPECIFIC
- Provide leadership as part of Stantec's core Federal team and to the GSA account.
- Offer and support planning and pursuit decisions that are in line with project opportunities.
- Provide on-going support and management of the GSA account plan and initiatives. Mentor, inspire and motivate teams to produce the best results for the client and for Stantec.
- Provide leadership in project pursuits including proposal and presentation preparation/presentation for the account.
- Provide project leadership and oversight to local teams for project deliveries where appropriate
- Conversant in contract language and intent, can reasonably assess risk and make meaningful value judgments regarding the firm's resources.
- Identification of major/strategic/transformational projects associated with the account coming on line in the next 12 to 18 months'.
INTERNAL - GENERAL
- Lead the successful development and execution of GSA specific business development programs in conjunction with sector/regional and marketing Leadership.
- Engage Stantec Business Line Leaders, Regional Leaders and individual Business Center leadership to develop relationships, pursue opportunities, and execute the resulting work
- Perform Program Management, QA and related activities for the management and execution of ongoing design projects
- Understand procurement, market trends and business outlook within the GSA context
- Partner with sector, global account, and portfolio leaders to develop comprehensive annual business and marketing plans.
- Meet and build relationships within the industry with the objective of introducing Stantec, increasing our brand recognition resulting in new work generation.
- Attendance at selected conferences and active membership in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships) related to the industry or region.
- Solicit and facilitate sharing of industry knowledge and market trends.
- Liaise with the regional marketing team, sector marketing leaders, and corporate marketing leadership.
- Support and integrate with the Civic and Workplace Sectors in the various offices.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of the General Services Administration structure and procurement process.
- Strong existing relationships with the General Services Administration
- Strong understanding of the GSA market and direction
- Strong business development skills, including proven results securing GSA work
- Significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with the GSA
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skill
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled professionals and internal networking across a large enterprise organization.
- Experience in national account management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, organization, coordination and management skills
- Experience with responding to GSA Request for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider
- Travel is required to manage accounts across the U.S.A.
- Veterans are encouraged.
Education and Experience:
- Degree and licensed in Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in working with the General Services Administration.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top