Scientist, Geologist or Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
is seeking a geologist, scientist, or engineer to support our team of
environmental professionals. The position will support the completion of
environmental remediation projects. Primary responsibilities will be related to
management of site investigation and remediation projects. Responsibilities are anticipated to include
but are not limited to the following:
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design and completion of environmental assessment.
- Analysis and interpretation of environmental data.
- Mentoring of junior staff.
- Design and implementation of remediation strategies
- Direct communication with clients and regulators.
- Development of conceptual site models
- Project Management
- Collaborate with other scientific and engineeringprofessionals within the practice
- Prepare technical reports
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prepare proposals, costestimates, and contracts for each project.
- Plan, direct, and coordinateall activities of the project to ensure that goals or objectives .of theproject are accomplished within established budget and schedule parameters.
- Monitor and control the projectfinances and prepare monthly invoices for each project.
- Coordinate each project withthe client and government agencies as necessary.
- Respond to regulatory agencycomments and problems as quickly as possible.
- Mentor and provide directhands-on assistance when teaching new environmental analyses, oral andwriting skills to environmental specialists and staff scientists.
- Stay current with environmentalprocedures, statutes, rules, guidance and policies.
- Supervise the work of allproject personnel .
- Review draft and final reports,design drawings and computations prepared by environmental specialists,staff scientists and technicians for completeness and accuracy prior toevery submittal.
- Maintain utilization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Exerience
- BS Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, orEngineering.
- 8 - 12 years of experience, predominantly in environmentalremediation.
- 5 years of project management experience.
- Knowledgeof project management as related to environmental investigations and remediation.
- Strong technical aptitude and technical writing ability.
- Abilityto manage people while overseeing project.
- Ability to work well and self-motivate in acollaborative team environment .
- Abilityto mentor and supervise junior staff.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (ableto communicate solutions in writing, verbally and graphically.
- Ability to proof writings of other less junior projectmanagers and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to prioritize work and make responsibledecisions that can be defended.
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical and musthave a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company'sdriving policy.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002LW
Back to top