Scheduler - Mining
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your Opportunity As Stantec's Mining group continues to grow, we have the need for a strong, professional Scheduler to join our team in the Tempe, AZ office! The Scheduler reports to the Manager of Estimating, but on a day-to-day basis works in collaboration with Project Managers and project teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Developing project schedules to be included in projects ranging from order-of-magnitude level to detailed schedules suitable for detailed design, and construction based on using Critical Path Methodology.
- Creating and maintaining schedules for construction and design projects that are critical for project cost control and execution. Schedules will be in a format suitable for use by the client, Project Manager, and project team.
- Prior to the start of a project, develop baselined schedules coordinating with Project Manager and team to logically sequence all scope of work to be performed.
- Maintain and progress baseline schedule for each project, along with identify and record the impacts of work performed. Evaluate actual progress and provide regular schedule updates.
- Interface with the client and project team to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Contribute to the development of working schedules for estimating prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Prepare and issue proposal and preliminary schedules.
- Incorporate resource and / or cost loading data into schedules as required.
- Consult the appropriate project team members and estimating procedures as a means of ensuring that proper planning is completed prior to the commencement of work.
- Assist Project Managers in creating short-term schedules, monitor such schedules to determine impact on master schedule, and help in formulating actions to correct scheduling problems.
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
- Create detailed schedules with input from various disciplines involved in a study or design project that will be included with the project deliverables.
- Remain current on the advancements in scheduling software.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Practical underground mine development and construction experience is a plus. Sound knowledge of scheduling systems, principles, and practices required. Experience with estimating, procurement, and/or cost engineering is preferred. - Working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of business software using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal / written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience A minimum of three (3) years experience of developing baseline schedules, maintaining progress schedules, and coordinating detailed schedules using Oracle Primavera P6.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Back to top