MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company is currently looking for a Safety Specialist/Assistant to support wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) projects in the greater Dallas, TX metropolitan area.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
Under limited supervision from the Project Manager, the primary responsibilities are:
• Assist in the control of hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities.
• Assist with work area surveillance inspections, air-sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
• Provide documentation of accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
• Assist with the creation of documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
• Work in a manner to insure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assure employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Additional assignments per Project Manager's direction.
• Associate's degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
• At least 5 years of construction and/or industrial safety experience.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top