Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties: Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Field Survey Technician/Rod Person who is looking to start their career by joining our survey crew in Dallas, Texas (12222 Merrit Drive) and help us meet the needs of our clients. Stantec's team of registered land surveyors, licensed state land surveyors and technical staff offer a comprehensive range of surveying capabilities. We employ cutting-edge technology and the best equipment to gather crucial information for each project.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Hold level rod, prism pole or tape at designated points to assist in determining locations and elevations of various features.
- Lay out stakes for map-making, construction land and other surveys.
- Cut and clear brush and trees from line of survey with machete, brush hook or chain saw.
- Carry instruments, field equipment, hammers, stakes, lathes, hubs, nails, etc.
- Keep survey crew vehicle supplied with equipment; clean and organize vehicle.
- Carry out instructions and tasks assigned by Senior Field Survey Technicians/Party Chiefs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Education/Experience:
- Experience with boundary, topographic, ALTA, as-built surveys and construction staking is a plus.
- Experience with GPS, Robotics, and data collection is a plus.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Must have valid driver's license and pass background check, drug test, and MVR screening.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work outdoors with long hours and sometimes difficult physical demands.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top