Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are actively seeking a Transportation Technician based in our Transportation Infrastructure Group in Ottawa. This group provides consulting services for Class Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design, and Detail Design projects for public sector clients, including the Ministry of Transportation Ontario, the City of Ottawa and several Eastern Ontario municipalities.
Your Duties As a Senior or Intermediate Highway \ Roadway Technician, you will be involved in the planning and design of major provincial highways, interchanges, and local municipal roads in Ontario. You will be responsible for assisting project managers in the following areas:
- Develop alignments, profiles, typical cross-sections, and grading cross-sections.
- Roadside safety design and roadway drainage design.
- Prepare technical analysis and design; including cost estimating, quantity calculations, etc.
- Prepare and review detailed design drawings and presentation materials of highways, urban roads, interchanges and intersections.
- Prepare quantities, contract drawings and documents for tender and construction.
- Liaison with all discipline team members, sub-consultants, clients and agencies;
- Provide support during construction phase as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Technician/Technology Diploma.
- Post-secondary education with an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or a Civil Engineering Technologist program from an accredited college;
- 5 to 15+ years' experience in the transportation design engineering field preferably with experience on MTO projects;
- Professional licensing or an OACETT membership would be an asset;
- Experience with all aspects of roadway / highway design (e.g. alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, quantity calculation, contract documents, constructability);
- Practical knowledge of the MTO, TAC design procedures and standards.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top