Roadway Project Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity An opportunity exists in Stantec's Orlando, Florida office for a highly motivated Roadway Project Engineer.
This role will provide supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for design and post design efforts on roadway and/or drainage plans.
- Engineer roadway and drainage design projects including limited access tolled, interstate, rural and urban roadway reconstruction projects.
- Lead production teams in roadway plans preparation and development efforts.
- Prepare geometric analysis and calculations in support of designs and establish design criteria, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Review plans for conformance with scope of services and standards.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Interaction with Stantec clients.
- Experience in designing roadway design projects. Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design experience a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in relevant design software, Microstation and Geopak CADD.
- Experience in Temporary Traffic Control (MOT) analysis and plan development.
- Experience in roadway pavement design analysis and development.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top