Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
Your Opportunity Our North American Operation is seeking qualified candidates for a Designer position with expertise in Revit Structural and Bentley Structural applications to be based in the Boise, ID and our Denver, CO office. The position requires experience with 3D/BIM design applications with emphasis on Autodesk Revit Structural, Revit MEP and AutoCAD 2D applications. Bentley Microstation is also preferred. Experience with Revit, Civil 3D and Navisworks considered a plus!
The candidate should have a working knowledge with concrete detailing, pre-cast design, steel frame systems, and Structural codes. The candidate should be experienced with structural modeling and framing systems associated with any or all of the following categories: - Water and Wastewater Treatment and Conveyance - Locks, Dams, Powerhouses and other Hydroelectric-related Structures - Transportation facilities, airports, subways - Petro/chemical process facilities Your Key Responsibilities
- The production of 3D computer models and construction drawings involving multiple disciplines with local and remote CAD/BIM teams.
- Ensuring drawing quality control with respect to Stantec and Client Standards and the extraction of model information (BIM).
Your Credentials and Capabilities
- The candidate needs to have the skill necessary to produce be able to produce professional quality drawings that are in correlation with Stantec or Client Standards.
- The candidate will be required to regularly collaborate with other technical professionals on project teams.
- The candidate shall possess strong computer CAD skills with the Autodesk products noted above, with emphasis on Revit.
- The candidate shall work well in an in-house team and national environment. The job requires full time work at the local Boise or Denver Stantec office.
- Experience in wastewater, dams, or hydroelectric, water, related projects preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English a plus.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering BIM models and Construction Drawings.
- Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
Education and Experience 2 to 4 years' experience in the development of 3D BIM models and 2D construction drawings for structural engineering projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top