MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently seeking a Structural Designer to support our Bellevue, WA office.
The position requires experience with 3D/BIM design applications with emphasis on Autodesk Revit Structural applications. Experience with Revit Architectural, MEP, Navisworks, and Bentley Building considered a plus. The candidate should be experienced with concrete detailing, pre-cast design, steel frame systems, and Structural codes within the following categories:
• Dams, Powerhouses and other Hydroelectric-related Structures
• Water and Wastewater Treatment
• Conveyance Pipelines
• Fish passages, hatcheries
The primary responsibilities for this role will include the production of 3D computer models and construction drawings involving multiple disciplines with local and remote CAD/BIM teams. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring drawing quality control with respect to MWH now part of Stantec and Client Standards and the extraction of model information (BIM). The candidate will be required to regularly collaborate with other technical professionals on project teams. The candidate shall possess strong computer CAD skills with the Autodesk products noted above, with emphasis on Revit. The candidate shall work well in an in-house team environment. The job requires full time work at the local MWH offices.
• Associate's Degree or Technical Diploma in computer drafting and design or equivalent.
• 4 to 8 years' experience in the development of 3D BIM models and 2D construction drawings for mechanical/structural engineering projects. Experience in wastewater, dams, or hydroelectric, water, related projects preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English a plus.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering BIM models and Construction Drawings.
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top