Restoration Field Technician
Your Opportunity: 2,600 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: This is a seasonal position working with our Environmental Restoration group, out of our St. Paul, Minnesota office. Responsibilities include:
Data Collection & Reporting: Assist project managers, staff scientists and senior scientists with the collection of field and written/tabular data for various types of tasks. Maintain records for restoration activities, safety program, assist with report preparation on an as-needed basis.
Ecological Restoration: Includes, but not limited to, carrying out tasks related to prairie, wetland, and other natural community restoration and management. Specific job tasks include application of various herbicides, mowing, installation of native seeds and plants, prescribed burning, and brush/tree removal. Equipment operations may include chainsaws, backpack herbicide sprayers, ATV, skidsteer and tractor with various attachments.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Required
- Valid state driver's license
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to obtain MN Pesticide Applicators license within one month
- Undergraduate or Associates Degree in an environmental discipline
- Field and equipment experience, as well as some basic understanding of ecology would be an asset
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license
- Possess a MN Pesticide Applicators license; and
- Previous prescribed burn experience with S130 & S190 NWCG training courses
- Experience using GPS/GIS
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top