Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is looking for a Project Engineer to work on a variety of water resources projects including, but not limited to stream restoration, wetland restoration, floodplain studies, and drainage/stormwater.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate engineering input and a technical overview to design activities residing within or outside the project team
- Prepare environmental permitting and reporting, conduct and or lead field work and manage existing and or new projects.
- Contribute to cost estimates in small to large sized projects in collaboration with all other disciplines
- Ensure that the deliverables provided to the project are technically accurate, within specifications, scope, budget and schedule, suitable for the intended purpose and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans
- Create material requisitions and, if necessary, review quotations for compliance with technical specifications
- Interface with other departments, project managers, engineers, clients and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface and accurate exchange of technical data;
- Collaborate and coordinate with project team to determine and achieve project objectives
- Participate in regular project meetings
- Conduct peer and quality reviews on all applicable projects.
- Working understanding of policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (as required).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Successful experience to initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external staff and prospective clients.
- Successful experience in client service management, including the ability to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships.
- Successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Water Resources or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900025F
Back to top