Resource Coordinator - Buildings Group
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are currently seeking a Resource Coordinator for our Vancouver, BC office. This person is an experienced, highly motivated individual with strong administrative expertise to provide resourcing support to our networked office and secondary resourcing support to the other offices and staff of Stantec as required. This position will play a key role by providing support to the Architecture and Engineering team.
Your Duties The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for entering Staffing Resource Assignments into Resource Project Management Tool (RPM) for multiple projects for both Architecture and Engineering Project Managers.
- Will work proactively in role to maintain integrity of the RPM data.
- Responsible for meeting frequently and regularly with Project Managers, Team Leads, other Data Coordinators to review RPM reports in detail.
- Help ensure resource assignments are current and accurate.
- Help resolve any employee assignment gaps, overlaps, under/over-utilization.
- Model upcoming project work and budgets in RPM.
- Highlight potential need for Change Orders, WIP Write-offs, and Task management.
- Provide indicators to Project Managers prior to project budgets being depleted thus providing the opportunity for proactive Client Management.
- Provide needed justification as necessary for new hires and staffing-load, demonstrating project need and available budgets.
- May assist with inputting project ETC (Estimate to Complete) values on Dashboard.
- Assist as necessary to create Pipeline numbers for Project pursuits.
- Assist as necessary to create Project Set-up forms.
- Assist as necessary providing RPM support for project management compliance.
- Travel coordination for yourself including booking flights, hotels and car rentals.
- Electronic calendar management including scheduling meetings, boardroom bookings.
- File management, including creation of new files and filing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Essential to develop the ability to navigate and use the RPM tool in advanced ways to assist in generating accurate resource forecasting, project affordability, and BC Net Revenue forecasting.
- Essential to develop the ability to greatly understand and interpret RPM reports.
- Extremely important to be approachable and adaptable in receiving necessary information in various formats (i.e. via reports, spreadsheets, emails, in person meetings, project schedules).
- Flexibility along with persistence to coordinate and execute productive meetings will be key to success.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ideally, a diploma in office administration with 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience in a "projects" environment; experience within a consulting engineering or architecture professional environment is highly desirable.
- Must have analytical skills.
- Intermediate level skills/experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate skills with managing PDFs.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 an asset.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based.
- Resilient to coping with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Great written and verbal communication skills - articulate and diplomatic manner.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work independently as well as part of an effective team.
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail.
- Intermediate organizational skills.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Flexible attitude.
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top