Resiliency/Emergency Management Senior Scientist/Professional
2,600 Environmental Services staff.20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a Senior Scientist/Professional to join its growing Resiliency Team in Ottawa, ON . The ideal candidate will be familiar with the emergency management, all hazards risk assessment, and planning needs of governments and infrastructure owners/operators, as well as commercial and industrial organizations. Work will occur within an existing team to develop clients, provide program vision and execute projects related to resiliency, hazard mitigation planning and emergency response. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing advice to the Resiliency Team and other senior managers on all aspects of disaster mitigation, resiliency and emergency management activities related to all-hazard mitigation.
- Assisting with technical advisory assistance and guidance to federal, provincial/territorial, and local governments and Aboriginal groups in the development and implementation of effective hazard mitigation plans.
- Providing analysis and recommendations on complex issues, and based on program operations and changing program requirements, identifying relevant issues for senior management action.
- Advising provinces/territories, Aboriginal groups and local governments on hazard mitigation planning issues related to the National Disaster-Mitigation Program (NDMP).
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with a variety of stakeholders from local, provincial/territorial, and federal government as well as Aboriginal and community-based organizations, non-profit organizations and private entities.
- Facilitating the development and implementation of resilience strategies and plans for provinces/territories, Aboriginal groups and local governments.
- Working with clients and project managers (stakeholders) to integrate resilience strategies into future and existing Stantec projects.
- Overseeing project execution including; securing funding, managing project budgets, schedules, formulating work plans, supervising professional staff and monitoring and reporting progress on initiatives.
- Conducting special projects.
- 10 plus years of experience in the emergency management sector, ideally with exposure to the local, provincial/territorial and federal levels.
- Strong knowledge of All Hazards Risk Assessment is required, as is a thorough understanding of both structural and non-structural mitigation measures used to address those risks.
- Familiarity with the NDMP is required, and direct experience with assisting in application preparation is preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree in science, applied science, engineering, geography or planning is required.
- A post-graduate degree or certificate with specialization in emergency management and/or resiliency is expected and relevant experience in a multi-disciplinary project team is required.
- Experience with developing business in a consulting environment is a significant asset.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technically relating to emergency management, resiliency, All-Hazards Risk Assessment, and mitigation planning is required, both written and verbal.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Environmental Services
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top