Resident Project Representative
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec has an immediate opening for a Resident Project Respresentative in our Columbus, OH office.
Your Duties: Individual will provide construction observation and contract compliance services on various types of construction projects, including water treatment, storage, and distribution systems; waste water collection and treatment systems; storm water collection systems; roadway and park improvements, residential utility construction; and other types of construction projects the company may be involved with.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum High School diploma is required, a technical degree from a 2-4 year ABET accredited institution a plus.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience required.
- Will be able to read, understand, and interpret detailed blueprints, specifications, and construction documents to confirm compliance with the contract and owner requirements.
- Read, understand, and interpret the applicable municipal standard drawings and Construction and Material Specifications.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills to clearly and accurately document field reports.
- Must be able work with others on group projects as well as work unsupervised from time-to-time.
- Must be willing to travel to job locations within Ohio as required.
- Depending on project requirements and weather conditions, will work 8-12 hour days, as well as occasional weekends, in support of the project as required.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver's license.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess basic computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel as a minimum.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Previous construction experience a plus.
- Familiar with ACI concrete slump and air entrainment testing.
- Familiar with nuclear density compaction testing.
- Familiar with flexible pipe post-construction testing.
- Familiar with and/or qualified for confined space entry.
- ODOT Inspector I or II certification desired.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top