Resident Inspector - Water/Wastewater Projects
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec is seeking an experienced full-time Resident Inspector to perform inspection services for our Water and Wastewater practice in New England.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Duties will be to observe all phases of construction activities for compliance with design documents and client standards.
- Position will involve wastewater, water, stormwater and/or roadway/civil-site work inspection.
- General responsibilities include: observation and documentation of work performed; review of contractor requisitions for payment; documentation of work, as constructed; preparation of daily reports; and attendance at progress meetings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be familiar with trench dewatering, backfilling and compaction of utility trenches and pavement/surface restoration
- Ability to make decisions on projects based on the design criteria of engineering
- Self-starter, can work independently and knows how to get along with contractors on a project site
- Willing to work part-time with periods of no work as the project requires
- Experience in understanding engineering drawings for infrastructure rehabilitation, replacement and upgrades desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with AutoCAD very beneficial
- Construction management training very beneficial
- Experience with MWRA projects preferred
- OSHA 10 training and Confined Space Entry certification
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors preferred.
5 to 10 years minimum experience serving in similar capacity for public works projects
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-New Hampshire-Auburn
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000VZ
Back to top