Resident Inspector - Northeast
- New York, NY
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Do you want to be part of a team who is solving some of the biggest, most complex water projects in the North East US? Stantec is seeking to build a pool of talented Resident Inspectors for community defining projects.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities in the Northeast Region. Stantec will keep your application in our recruiting system as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises. If you are interested in joining the #1 ranked International Design Firm in Water and Sewer/Waste (ENR 2017), tell us who you are today!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Observe all phases of construction activities for compliance with design documents and client standards
- Inspect wastewater, water, stormwater and/or roadway/civil-site work
- Document work performed
- Review contractor requisitions for payment
- Prepare daily reports; and participate in progress meetings
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 10 years of experience with at least 5 years of inspection experience with water utilities
- Experience with trench dewatering, backfilling and compaction of utility trenches and pavement/surface restoration
- Ability to make decisions on projects based on the design criteria of engineering Construction management
- Detailed understanding of engineering drawings for infrastructure rehabilitation,replacement and upgrades
- OSHA 10 training and Confined Space Entry certification
- Valid Driver's license required
- Experience with MWRA projects and AutoCAD preferred
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-New York, United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000010J
Back to top