Your Opportunity Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec is seeking an experienced Part-Time Resident Inspector to perform inspection services for clients throughout the greater Boston area.
- Duties will be to observe all phases of construction activities for compliance with design documents and client standards.
- Position will involve wastewater, water, stormwater and/or roadway/civil-site work inspection.
- General responsibilities include: observation and documentation of work performed; review of contractor requisitions for payment; documentation of work, as constructed; preparation of daily reports; and attendance at progress meetings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors preferred.
- 5 to 10 years minimum experience serving in similar capacity for public works projects
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be familiar with trench dewatering, backfilling and compaction of utility trenches and pavement/surface restoration
- Ability to make decisions on projects based on the design criteria of engineering
- Self-starter, can work independently and knows how to get along with contractors on a project site
- Willing to work part-time with periods of no work as the project requires
- Experience in understanding engineering drawings for infrastructure rehabilitation, replacement and upgrades desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with AutoCAD very beneficial
- Construction management training very beneficial
- Experience with MWRA projects preferred
- OSHA 10 training and Confined Space Entry certification
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top